Thursday, June 4, 2009

What I'm working on now...

Every week I say I'm going to write up a letter stating what I have been working on. However, I rather be doing fun things outside the house now a days. It's too nice out even this morning to be sitting in front of the computer. I plan on taking a nice walk later with the hubby.

So what have I been up too?? well... I planted all of my garden for the summer. I have lettuce, tomatoes (3 types), spinach, cilantro, parsley, rosemarry (if and when it decides to come up), yellow and red peppers. I need one more pot of soil to replant the cherry tomatoes I have. Now all of this was grown from seed this year and its nice to walk outside and see how much they have grown over night. Plus it helps me help the environment. Let face it we are only going to get more clean air in the world if we start by doing something ourselves.

I have also been very very busy with work. I am very sad to see the end of the school year come to a close. I'm going to miss the smiles from the kids when they see that they have a sub for the day.

At night I come home and look at emails which on a daily basis I have about 100-200 from just that day. After about an hour on the web I normally help make dinner, go for a walk or enjoy some quality time talking with the hubby.

When dusk falls its time for crocheting, Yankee games (on the TV), or reading a book/magazine or studying. My night normally ends about 10/11 pm. I truly do not know where the day goes.


**The picture above is my make shift studio. I normally use it to sort my yarn out for new projects, sew up large blankets, or lay out the up coming projects I would like to do. In this picture I have my Blue and Green heirloom quality blanket. It has taken me awhile to do this blanket because I keep saying it should be bigger. I now am going to make it queen sized. You can see I have a long way to go. Each box is 10x10 inches. I first make each box and then lay it out and sew them up once I have at least a row to make. You can also see the mountain dew that I need to keep my energy going late at night.

I also have been working on cup cozies--currently working on a bunch for FATHER'S DAY.
Always looking for a new item to make for others as well--so please if you see something but not in the color you like let me know--Have a great June all!!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

The day does go by oh so so quickly and you have a ton of email to sort through every night!! You are popular!! :)

Jenco13 said...

yes emails...lots of them from friends that are overseas serving, family or from the ETT. surprised sometimes there isn't more junk mail--thats one thing I love about gmail--little spam!! take it easy :)