Monday, July 6, 2009

One on One with ThatsHeadley!

Starting this month I am going to be interviewing artist one on one about the little things we don't hear about. This week I interviewed Ginny from ThatsHeadley! She is a fellow member of the Etsytwitter Team on Etsy.


1. What inspires you to make your items/craft?

I am inspired by all the wonders and colors of nature, and the pretty stones and shiny silver I love to work with. I think I have a bit of the magpie in me!

2. Do you have a special place in your home that you work in?

Yes, I have a jewelry bench set up in my home office (more on that later), but I can take small wire-wrapping projects anywhere. But I like my bench the best.

3. What else do you do besides the crafts?

I am a full-time consultant in public health - which is why I have a home office, because I do a lot of writing and data analysis - but I also travel all around Texas for projects that I work on in infectious disease control and prevention, and in emergency preparedness. I also am a wife and mom - I love all four of my jobs!

4. If you could go any place in the world where would you go?

Oh, this is a hard one for me. I want to see so many places! But the next on one my list is Paris next spring with my daughter. We're going in March, and I can hardly wait!

5. What is your favorite item to make in your shop? and why?

My favorite item to make are my
Whirled Peas! The Peas in a Pod Earrings are so light and beautiful, and proceeds from every sale go to help out the Fisher Houses, one of my favorite charities. These Houses are like "Ronald McDonald" houses, except they are for families of veterans who have to travel to receive medical care. I think it is so important for us to give back to those who sacrifice all for our country, and even though it's a small contribution, it means a lot to me to be able to help even just a little bit.

to learn more about Ginny and her amazing shop please visit her blog at http://thatsheadley.blogspot.com/

follow her on twitter at : http://twitter.com/thatsheadley
or visit her shop on
ETSY

No comments: